Tuesday, October 14, 2008

"Notorious" To Hit Theaters On January 16, 2009


***Took this from YO! Raps Magazine***

The movie Notorious about the life of rapper Christopher Wallace aka. The Notorious B.I.G., will be released by Fox Searchlight on January 16, 2009.


The film stars multiple award winner Angela Bassett as Christopher's mother Voletta Wallace, Derek Luke as Sean Combs, Anthony Mackie as Tupac Shakur and introducing rapper Gravy, born Jamal Woolard as The Notorious B.I.G. After the overwhelming response to a year long aggressive and active worldwide search, Jamal Woolard, a Brooklyn native, was selected to portray the infamous rapper. George Tillman Jr. is set to direct.


"We feel honored to work with such intelligent and vibrant filmmakers as they bring Christopher Wallace's story to life. George, his producers and his exemplary creative team will tell this story with style and distinction, and we are in awe of their vision and passion," says Fox Searchlight Pictures President of Production Claudia Lewis.


"I'm looking forward to working with award-winning actress Angela Bassett," said director Tillman. "I've been a huge fan of her work for such a long time. She and the entire cast bring such a wealth of talent, I am beyond thrilled."


"Finding B.I.G. was a task in itself and I'm honored that so many young men came out to audition for the role," said Voletta Wallace. "However, it was Jamal's charming personality, warm spirit, wonderful sense of humor and beautiful smile that won my heart. He is a talented and charismatic actor and I am excited that he will bring Christopher's character to the big screen."


The film also stars up and coming actors Antonique Smith, Naturi Naughton, Dennis White and Julia Pace Mitchell.

No comments: