Sunday, November 2, 2008

FEATURE: ILLROOTS x Chip Tha Ripper

**Special THANK YOU to Mike @ ILLROOTS.com. We appreciate you reaching out to Chip. We have had respect for ILLROOTS for a long time! One of our favorite blogs... And Thanks to Mick Boogie over at Press Play > Fashion Forward >> for posting this on his blog right away.**

I kinda wanted to rap my whole life. Ever since I saw “The Fresh Prince” I knew I had to.

Cleveland could very well be the most overlooked city in hip-hop, and I recently sat down with one of their most talented hot spitters, Chip Tha Ripper. Having worked with KiD CuDi and grabbing a slot on Hi-Teknology 3, Chip definitly has a unique sound and a bright future ahead of him. Open your ears and eyes to Tha Ripper.

illRoots: What’s the word Chip? How are you tonight?

Chip Tha Ripper: I’m all good mane. How you?

iR: I’m cooling. In one word, how would you describe Chip Tha Ripper?

CTR: Unpredictable. I believe that being unpredictable plays a big part in the longevity of an artist.

CLICK HERE to READ THE REST

No comments: