Thursday, April 30, 2009

Interesting read on Damon Dash by DJ Atrak


Straight from ATRAK himself...

"OK this picture is kind of a bigger deal than the content of this post. Of course it’s Damon Dash, me and Kanye, but this is the first time I met Kanye, right when he asked me to come on tour with him. Dame was actually trying to get me to DJ for Samantha Ronson but Kanye snatched me. This picture has never appeared online. Straight out the shoebox. (May, 2004)

Anyway, the reason for this post is I wanted to link an article on Damon Dash written by this guy Combat Jack. Not sure who he is, he says he “repped” Dame in the mid-90’s. Just by coincidence there’s also that video that surfaced today of Dame spazzing out… but the article is much more interesting. Watching a guy spazz is pretty one-dimensional. I actually have a lot of respect for Dame and am a bit fascinated with the early days of Roc-A-Fella since I run a label myself. So, read up!"


No comments: