Thursday, May 7, 2009

Manny to serve 50-game suspension

via. ESPN.

Major League Baseball announced Thursday that Los Angeles Dodgers outfielder Manny Ramirez has been suspended for 50 games for violating its drug policy.

The commissioner's office didn't announce the specific violation by Ramirez, but in a statement Thursday provided by Major League Baseball, Ramirez attributed the violation to medication he had been prescribed by a doctor.

"Recently I saw a physician for a personal health issue. He gave me a medication, not a steroid, which he thought was OK to give me," Ramirez said. "Unfortunately, the medication was banned under our drug policy. Under the policy that mistake is now my responsibility. I have been advised not to say anything more for now.

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE.

1 comment:

Jenny Pooh said...

I Just Wanna Kno WTF Is Goin On...Can We Just Get 2 The Bottom Of It already...He Was Like Damn..."My Bad"...So i Lost 8 million...Yawn!!!