Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Jay-Z's Anti-Auto-Tune Song Is Embraced By T-Pain But Not Others


via. MTV.

Jay-Z took aim at the overuse of Auto-Tune with his new song "D.O.A.," and although he claimed T-Pain wasn't a target, the Brooklyn MC admitted he wasn't sure how the computer-aided crooner would take his track.

"If T-Pain got to feel a little brunt behind that, then I'm cool with that," he said Monday afternoon (June 8) in an interview with New York radio station Hot 97. "I'm all about the culture. It's bigger than the politics. If T-Pain felt like he wanted to never talk to me again, I would have been cool with that."

T-Pain, however, stood by Jay-Z in solidarity the day before when the rapper took to the Summer Jam stage in New Jersey.

The Roc-A-Fella rapper said he was caught off guard by the unplanned gesture. "That was crazy, 'cause I didn't know where he came from," Jay told Hot 97's Angie Martinez. "I remember the concert T.I. had, and 50 Cent went onstage. That wasn't planned — same thing!

No comments: